Tuesday, May 11, 2021

May 11th dream

 I woke up at midnight and couldn’t go back to sleep. So last night, I did everything I could to make sure I could sleep. I turned off all the lights at 8pm, didn’t watch anything on my laptop before bed, and snuggled in bed and willed myself to sleep. I hoped for a sleep that was like going into a dark nothing so I could wake up refreshed. But last night, I had a dream I couldn’t get out of. I was at a picnic at this beautiful park with a bunch of talking animals; they were lovely and perfect and kind of like angel animals, softly glowing. A lion was talking with an uppity British accent and said, “my name is Percival, I went to Haaaaarvard” and he was playing cards and wanted me to play poker with him, but I kept saying, ‘just let me sleep!’ But I was stuck in the dream. I also remember a shy hedgehog trying to encourage me (he was my favorite and he had such gentle, loving energy) and a badger, a mouse, and a cute, little frog wearing a fancy, black suit with coat-tails. The animals kept handing me playing cards and all my cards were in the suit of hearts. The lion kept winning and it annoyed everyone because he was a sore winner.

I felt compelled when I woke up to look up the name Percival. He was one of King Arthur's legendary Knights of the Round Table. He is best known for being the original hero in the quest for the Grail.

No comments:

Post a Comment