Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Bear

 Weird dream time. I was in my old bedroom in Missouri and a demon-witch of pure evil was telling me that I was broken and weak and no one would want to choose me to be on their team. I was affronted and started throwing old, lumpy pillows at the creature to make it leave. I yelled "shame on you! I am good and strong and people love me!" and I said with each pillow throw, "only love is allowed here. I will only allow loving words here!" and then it's like a chapter closed softly, and I got transported to another place that had levels like a video game. I sneaked to a level I wasn't supposed to reach yet to peak at the "boss" I would have to fight. A voice from the sky said urgently, "you aren't supposed to go there yet!" but the sky voice couldn't stop me, and I wasn't afraid. I kept finding ways to higher levels without playing the game. I found the boss - it was in a cage in a dark, deep basement with a jungle around--I could hear waterfalls and birds. When I saw it, I thought, "that's not so tough! I can beat that!" and the boss (a huge, black bear with green glowing eyes) looked at me and was disappointed I wasn't scared of it. It seemed kind of sad and lonely all of a sudden, and I wanted to let it out of the cage and pet it. I had a sense we would be allies somehow. I also knew I would never play the game. It was stupid and pointless. When I woke up, it was 3am - my throat hurt so bad and my arms were tired. Who would have thought mental and emotional pillows were that heavy in dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment