Saturday, May 8, 2021

Stump

After doing my house chores, I had this feeling that I needed to go into the woods, with bare feet. I wasn't sure which woods, but I walked out my door with no plan and just kept walking. I ended up at George Washington park, and saw the most perfect stump, nestled with tall, soft grass around it, and a circle of trees. A patch of warm sunshine was beaming down on it. So, I walked up, said hello to the stump, and sat on it, cross-legged, and meditated for what seemed like forever. Maybe I was this stump. I could feel a thrumming energy pulse from my head down into the stump into the center of the world and back up again. I felt so calm. When I opened my eyes, it felt like swooshing energy from every tree was sucking through a pin-hole in my heart and when I looked at the trees to my left, they seemed to be moving back and forth, like warped and vibrating.

At that moment, a mother and a little boy, maybe 4 or 5, walked by. The boy was staring at me quizzically and then had the biggest smile. He said, "Do you see the fairies?! They are all around you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment