Friday, May 12, 2017

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." e. e. cummings

 
I've seen "The Sound of Music" many times, and I know the songs in that musical well. When things at work are tough, I like to write parody songs to help myself feel better.
 
Humor - what would life be without it?
 
Thus, I give you "An Ode to Property Management" to be played on my ukulele:
 
 
Raindrops on windows
And floods through the ceiling
Bright stains on wallboards and paint that is peeling
Brown, clumpy TP that clogs up the pipes
These are a few of the regular gripes
 
Cream-colored tile with brown spackled mold marks
Doorbells and bad smells and snitches with ‘tudes bark
from hallways and corners, they hiss about noise
These are just some of the usual joys
 
Tide pods are staining and doors snag the undies
The dryer is “broken” on all days but Sundays
Silver-white soap flakes that litter the floor
You’d think it’d be easy to properly pour
 
When the day bites
When an ALL CAPS email stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

No comments:

Post a Comment