Sunday, May 14, 2017

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke." - Vincent Van Gogh


I'm caught in distortions.

A self-reflective blame.

Empty space with no words between.

Lost moments.

I pierce myself with accusations.

Truth burns.

I bleed within.

I linger in this realm,

Forgetting the sun

And what matters.




My passion lies dormant,

Afraid of its own strength.

Love changes lives,

Restores riggings

And redeems the lost course.

It is a choice to accept it,

Like the warmth of the sun,

You must leave the shadows to feel it.

 

 As the shoreline beckons,

Abandon this ship of solitude,

For you are not alone.

The chilling haze can be but a memory.

The light is within you.

Trust it.





Whispered promises
In a playful wind.
Memories teasing past-
A game of chase.
I sit and let
The wind soothe my mind.
Haunting, wistful
Notes of joy
Dance inside,
Each tune better than the last.
Enveloped in this changeful embrace,
I feel a push,
Letting me know
I’m not forgotten.
I’m of a substance stronger.




And up is only there,
So close.
The sky to touch,
To breathe.
It’s in me,
This wind.
It’s through me.
In this rush I fly.
I truly soar.
I’m free.


 
The song of myself
had no tune for a spell
The moments of color
Suspended…
Until,
I gathered my heart,
inspected the pieces,
Put them together,
and listened.


No comments:

Post a Comment