Friday, May 28, 2021

May 28 - dream

 I had a dream where I was in an ancient underground tomb/catacombs, and it reminded me of a lonely, cold, howling Phantom of the Opera lair. No one had been down there for centuries, and it looked all Gothic with soot embedded in all the rock creases and crevices. An old man was there and he was staring at me strangely; he said, “aren’t you glad you came here?” and I didn't answer, because I wasn't sure I was glad. I looked around and there were tunnels leading into darkness and the sound of dripping water and the smell of cold and old stone. I wasn’t very happy to be there, but I felt like I should be grateful somehow that I got to see it. 

Then I got swept into another scene. I was at the edge of a very dark forest at midnight. I could see people running, playing tag with each other and hugging and belonging together, and they were all in light like daytime. No one could see me. I was separated by an invisible wall. I saw trash on the ground around everyone and they didn’t see it.  I wanted to clean it all up so nature would be able to thrive and the people wouldn't trip on trash and get hurt. I started picking trash up and putting it in a bag. I asked them, “don’t you see the trash? Won’t anyone help me?” No one heard or saw me. So I dropped my bag and walked into the dark forest, alone. It was so dark I couldn’t see anything but I could “see” my way and followed the inner feeling I had to keep walking father into the forest. I could feel many eyes on me, like wild animal eyes, just watching me as I walked further and further and further into the dark forest. I wasn’t scared, but I did have this feeling in my soul, like a strange whistling sorrow, that I would always be alone. But it was supposed to be this way, because this walk was my walk and no one could take it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment