Sunday, May 24, 2020

Between

Today was a gift, and a strange blend of sadness and joy. Today was a day where I felt the divide between memories and now. I sat between where the ocean was vivid blue and steel gray, with clouds edging away from the morning sun. I didn't realize how I was gasping, or how desperate my spirit was, until I felt the swell of the ocean rise under me and thunder forward. It is strange how we can go about our days, almost starving for something we're not sure of, until we figure it out. The swell of joy afterwards is almost painful.
And today, I tried to paint something really silly, but the otter's eyes look crazy, and watercolor is really hard when you are trying to control the colors. I feel like I'm on the edge of figuring something out, but I'm just at the edges trying to feel my way in.






No comments:

Post a Comment