Wednesday, January 29, 2020

I found a piece of fatty bacon wrapped in a napkin in my zippered jacket pocket on Monday....
backing up the story....

On Sunday, while beginning a nice walk in the warm, drizzly morning, I saw a beautiful, black wolfish-looking dog lying down in the middle of my one-way street. He wasn't moving, but didn't appear to be injured, and he had no collar or tags. I walked up to him slowly and then circled around him so he knew I was there. He had been eyeing me for a while, still unmoving, so I crouched down about ten feet away from him, held both arms out, and softly said, "hi boy!" I put out as much loving energy as I could. He immediately leapt up, tail wagging furiously, ears flapping like a puppy, tongue lolling as he trotted right into my arms and put his forehead so hard into my chest I almost fell over. He then gave me the ultimate dog body hug before turning around and sitting in my lap while I gave him back scratches. I stayed there petting him for about 5 minutes secretly hoping I could just adopt him, but then the owner came out and started laughing, because apparently "Ziggy" is a lover-boy and does this often in the middle of the street. Since I was on my way to meet a friend for breakfast, I said bye to Ziggy, but he started following me until the owner called him back. I told Ziggy I would bring him back a piece of bacon and I could swear he winked at me. On my way back home, I knocked on the door where Ziggy lives, but nobody answered, so I still have that bacon in my pocket...I guess I should throw it away. Now my jacket kind of smells like bacon; not that I mind....maybe the smell will attract more lovely doggy encounters.

No comments:

Post a Comment