Saturday, May 18, 2019

Life Changes

It has been an interesting three days, but I know things will work out. On Tuesday, I got a 60 day notice to vacate my apartment because the owner is selling the home, and yesterday, I lost my job at the insurance company because they said I wasn't cut out for insurance. They said it was in no way a reflection on me or my work ethic and they said they all loved me as a person, but my boss said that I was too creative to work there and that I should be working with kids. They said they would give me a great reference though and that they would keep their ears open for other jobs. I really did my best in insurance, but I guess some things aren't good fits, and it can be a blessing in disguise. 

For the GOOD NEWS, I did get a part-time job at the bookstore in Pacific Grove which I start tomorrow, and I might get that other part-time Pacific Grove Library job, too (I will hear on Monday about that one, but the lady said the paperwork was going smoothly). Then when I was at the gas station, I had this urge to buy a scratchers ticket (which I never do) and I won $100! I told the gas station attendant that it was a blessing, because I lost my job; we started talking and I told him that I have my M.A. in Editing and Publishing and then he said, "this is perfect! I need an editor! Will you be my book manager? I have 75,000 handwritten words need to be typed up and edited." So, it is just interesting how I'm being shuffled into the book realm again. I just have to be flexible and open for whatever happens, and to keep my chin up.

No comments:

Post a Comment