Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Music in the wind

I was just thinking about the times when I was truly happy as a child were the times when I was doing nothing, really...sitting in a tree with a book, or swinging on the swing set while a thunderstorm rolled in, or running in the pasture filled with wild flowers. The times when I am happiest now are similar...sitting in the warm sand with friends, paddling out on the sparkling, blue ocean, and feeling the music in the wind. Sometimes it is good to be alone with my heart and thoughts and untangle everything that scrunches up my soul in the seasons of life that are harder, but I am also so very grateful for the beautiful friends I've met along my life's journey, who bring love, peace, and moments and memories that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment